The International Warrior Arts Association (IWAA) established in 2019 was created with the purpose of bringing together individuals and their schools that share a passion for the development and preservation of “The Warrior Arts”. Individuals and schools can only be joined by “invitation only” and are selected based upon their adherence to the teaching and development of sound principles of self-defense. It should be noted that we are not a sport martial arts certifying body.
Its President and Co-Founder is LtCol Al Ridenhour USMC (ret), its Co-Founder is Michael McNulty, CEO and founder of Warriors Way Combatives, LLC. Anyone accepted or recognized as an “Affiliate” in the IWAA is so recognized for their outstanding achievement in the combative arts field and is NOT required to teach any one style of martial arts, specific system or have to adhere to any curriculum specifications whatsoever, except that they must teach practical combat and self-defense arts.
Presently, the following individuals and/or schools are members in good standing:
- LtCol Al Ridenhour, USMC (ret), CEO, Strength From Within, LLC; Creator / Founder of Warrior Flow, and Warrior Flow State, President and Co-Founder IWAA
- Michael McNulty, CEO and founder of Warriors Way Combatives, LLC; Co-Founder IWAA, Master Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Yosef Susskind, Senior Master Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Dr. Joseph Riggio, Ph.D., Master Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Martin Chavez, Master Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Kevin O’Leary, Warriors Way Combatives, LLC, Senior Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Adam Cantor, Senior Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Ken Freeman, Senior Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Brent Ames, Instructor, Warrior Flow
- Art Reynolds, Instructor Warrior Flow
- Daryl Tate, Instructor Warrior Flow
In addition, it should be noted that all ranks issued by the recognized systems also are under the auspices of IWAA. While the IWAA Affiliates / Instructors are unreservedly recommended as professional, to-level teachers, their IWAA membership should not be construed to imply that they necessarily agree 100% in their curricula with other programs set forth.
All certified black belts in their respective arts who are in good standing are IWAA certified as well.
President and Co-Founder IWAA
CEO, Strength From Within, LLC
Creator Head of System, Warrior Flow
Creator of Warrior Flow State
Al Ridenhour is a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the US Marine Corps with 28-years of service active and reserve with multiple combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan. He has also served as a Law Enforcement consultant to the NJ State Police Special Operations Section, NJ Transit Police Operations Section, The NJ Regional Operations and Intelligence Center, the FBI Philadelphia Bomb Section, and subject matter expert to the US Department of Homeland Security's, Explosives Division. With nearly 40-years of Combative Arts experience, he is recognized as a self-defense expert worldwide and is highly sought out for seminars, workshops, lectures, and special individualized training. Al is the CEO, Strength From Within, LLC; Creator and Founder of Warrior Flow; Warrior Flow State; author of "Warrior Flow Mind" (2020), Co-Author of "Attack Proof: The Ultimate Guided in Personal Protection (Human Kinetics, 2010) and the Co-Author of "How to Fight for Your Life" (June 2010). He is also the Senior Master Instructor and a 7th Degree Black Belt in Guided Chaos, and is also the President and Co-Founder of the International Warrior Arts Association (IWAA).